Synthetic Rugby Turf - Artificial Rugby Pitches
Our latest third generation (3G) long pile synthetic surfaces meet the rigorous demands of this high impact sport. Using a unique combination of fibres, our surfaces offer increased performance and provide excellent playing characteristics.
SIS has built and installed full size Rugby Football pitches to IRB standards for:
Burnage Rugby Club in May 2010
Newcastle Falcons training ground in August 2007
University of Nottingham in October 2008
All SIS Rugby turf products are developed under the following criteria:
- Based on the exacting requirements and particular demands of the game
- SIS select fibres from a range of suppliers based on the final playing characteristics required
- Based on extensive research with players and coaches of rugby
- Utilising the expertise of leading independent consultants in Europe and the UK who specify pitch construction details and surfaces
- Meeting the requirements of the IRB (see below)
- A range to meet the needs of the customer, from school level to international level rugby standard
SIS are part of a framework agreement with the Rugby Football Union (RFU), Football Association (FA) and Football Foundation (FF) capital investment programmes and Sport England to provide the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of artificial grass pitches.
SIS are part of a framework agreement to provide the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of artificial grass pitches. The agreement is in support of the Rugby Football Union (RFU), Football Association (FA) and Football Foundation (FF) capital investment programmes.
This product uses a fine fibrillated material which provides excellent durability which is key requirement for Rugby Football The product developed by SIS has exceeded 20,000 cycles on a stud roll machines, which replicates wear and tear. The product has been installed on two full size pitches in the UK.
SIS Rugger MF
This is our premium product which has been installed for two professional rugby teams: Newcastle Falcons and Leinster Lions Rugby. Both clubs required a yarn that is durable but also soft to feel and touch. The pitches which were installed in 2007 are full size rugby pitches and are used by professional rugby players on a weekly basis.
Read about the Newcastle Falcons Rugby Pitch installed by SIS in 2007.