Synthetic Turf For Multi Use Games Areas (MUGA) provide a surface that is suitable for a variety of community needs.
Schools and local authorities have to take into account the need to facilitate a number of sporting requirements within their grounds; budgetary and space restraints may not allow for individual sporting needs to be taken into account and therefore have to construct a facility that can respond to the overall school or community needs for multi sport activities. This may include for football, hockey, tennis and netball.
The criteria for the range of multi use surfaces was developed by:
- Meeting with schools and councils and determining their requirements for MUGAs
- Taking these requirements and working with our yarn suppliers to source the most suitable yarn which has to perform over a variety of sports
- Site visits throughout the UK and Ireland analysing the results of a variety of surfaces
- Developing a complete build package which includes the full pitch construction, sub base, drainage, tarmacadam base, shockpad, carpet, fencing and floodlighting. All stages of the project to be constructed and /or managed by SIS.
- Ensuring the MUGA is built in accordance to industry guidelines as per Sport England.